BEFORE CARE: $170/month/child
- offered for students in grades K-8
- K-8th grades will be housed at PAL building
- Before Care will be from 6:30am until the start of each individual school's start time
- students will be bused from the PAL to their appropriate school by school bus
- for the 2023-2024 school year to be determined based on the school calendar
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM: $190/month/child
- offered for students in grades K-8
- K-8th grade will be housed at PAL building - all students will be bused from their respective school to Vernon PAL at dismissal
- After School program will run from school dismissal until 6:30pm
- Students can be picked up by parent any time prior to 6:30pm
- For the 2023-2024 school year to be determined based on the school calendar
Bus Information: the following information comes directly from the VTSD Board of Transportation
- provides physical activity and sports
- arts & crafts
- homework assistance
- Chrome Books available for homework use at PAL site
- ice cream parties
- care provided for scheduled 1/2 days from school as well as delayed openings at no additional cost
Please call the PAL at 973-764-9514 for registration for the 2023-2024 school year.
Each family has to have a family page set up in our online registration system at CommunityPass.
Delayed Openings, Early Dismissals, & School Closing
As you know the normal operating times for the Before/After School program is 6:30am-6:30pm, however that will change when bad weather impacts the school district. We always mirror the school district when it comes to delayed openings, early dismissals and closures.
Delayed Openings -
If the schools delay their opening (for example 2 hours) due to bad weather, the PAL will have a 2-hour delay for the Before School program. Since our normal operating time is 6:30-6:30, we will start accepting the kids at 8:30.
Early Dismissals -
Should the schools have an early dismissal, not related to weather, the PAL After School program begins once the schools are released.
School Closures -
Should the school district close the schools for bad weather the PAL and all their programs at the schools are closed/canceled as well.
The easiest way to stay up to date, is to find and like us on Facebook, Instagram. We provide updates on the status of the program once the district makes their announcement.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Will my child have time to finish their homework during the After School program? By state law children can only sit for a 30 minute period at any given time. Homework time is provided as soon as the children arrive at the program for the first 30 minutes.
Are snacks provided? One snack is provided at After School site by the PAL. Due to the volume of students that have after school sports addtional more robust snacks are avaiable for purchase.
Do I need to pay more than one $60.00 security fee if my child is participating in both Before Care & After School? No, just one $60.00 security fee is required for each child whether they participate in both programs or just one.
What if I withdraw my child prior to the end of the school year? You can withdraw your child at any time prior to the end of the school year, however your $60.00 security fee will be forfeited for administrative fees.
How do I make payment for Before Care and/or After School? Payments are made on a monthly basis through the online registration system at www.communitypass.net. All payments must be made by the 20th of the prior month to secure your child's spot. Any payments not made by the 20th will automatically jeopardize your child's spot in the program for the following month.
What method of payment do you accept? Through the online registration system we accept all major credit cards (with the exception of American Express). No credit card information is stored so you will have to manually go into the program by the 20th of the prior month to make payment for the next month. We encourage everyone to pay by credit card but we can accomodate special circumstances of payment through cash or check - please call the PAL at 973-764-9514 Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am-3:00pm.